Russia continues its destructive escalation into Ukraine: UNESCO has verified that nearly 100 culturally important sites in Ukraine have been damaged; artillery shells have hit or ruined libraries, publishing houses and bookstores, schools, and universities.
Ukrainian publishers, writers, illustrators, and the whole Ukrainian literary community are on the frontline. They serve in the army or territorial defense, helping as volunteers, or try to escape from intensive shelling.
We are standing for the freedom, democracy, and cultural diversity of the whole world.
We are standing for the right of the writers, artists, and intellectuals to create, express, and share the experience of war and crimes against humanity.
StandWithUkraine and help us:
- Give a voice to Ukrainian writers, artists, intellectuals and journalists – so they can tell the truth about the war in Ukraine
- Recover, where possible, from the impact of war crimes
- Support Ukrainian writers, illustrators and artists
- Share the experience of running a creative business / supporting, rebuilding, protecting, defending, sharing and rethinking Ukrainian culture
- Suggest professional and balanced texts to tell the truth, instead of Russian propaganda
Benefits of Patreonship
Chytomo is the largest independent media covering publishing and contemporary literarature and culture in Ukraine.
- Information support to over 1100 literary and publishing projects, organisations and initiatives;
- Book reviews and cultural analysis;
- Conversations with stars of the literary scene;
- Ukraine's biggest organiser of cultural events, grants and residences.