* ESC - закрити вікно пошуку
International Booker Prize
The International Booker Prize has announced a long list12.03.2022
It has become known who was included in a long list for this year’s International Booker Prize, which is awarded for fiction translated into English. This was announced on the official website of the award.
This year’s long list includes authors and translators who have received the award in previous years, including Olga Tokarczuk, Jennifer Croft, David Grossman and Jessica Cohen. The list also includes those who have not been translated into English before. For the first time in its history, Tilted Axis Press, founded by award winner Deborah Smith, has published three books from the list.
The 13 books on the long list, translated from 11 languages:
- Fernanda Melchor («Paradais»), Spanish, Fitzcarraldo Editions;
- Mieko Kawakami («Heaven»), Japanese, Picador, Pan Macmillan;
- Sang Young Park («Love in the Big City»), Korean, Grove Atlantic, Tilted Axis Press;
- Norman Erikson Pasaribu («Happy Stories, Mostly»), Indonesian, Tilted Axis Press;
- Claudia Piñeiro («Elena Knows»), Spanish, Charco Press;
- Violaine Huisman («The Book of Mother»), French language, Virago publishing house;
- David Grossman («More Than I Love My Life»), Hebrew, published by Jonathan Cape, his other book «Someone to Run With» was translated into Ukrainian;
- Paulo Scott («Phenotypes»), Portuguese, And Other Stories;
- Jon Fosse («A New Name: Septology VI-VII»), Norwegian, Fitzcarraldo Editions;
- Jonas Eika («After the Sun»), Danish, Lolli Editions;
- Geetanjali Shree («Tomb of Sand»), Hindi, Tilted Axis Press;
- Olga Tokarczuk («The Books of Jacob»), Polish language, published by Fitzcarraldo Editions, translated into Ukrainian by Tempora;
- Bora Chung («Cursed Bunny»), Korean language, Honford Star.
A short list of six books will be announced on 7 April and the winner will be announced on 26 May.
As previously reported, the International Booker Prize has announced the composition of the jury for 2022.
Read also about last year’s International Booker Prize winner.
This publication is sponsored by the Chytomo’s Patreon community