* ESC - закрити вікно пошуку
14 book fairs will not cooperate with Russian publishers and will provide free stands for Ukrainians10.03.2022
Fourteen book fairs around the world have refused to cooperate with Russian publishers, signing a statement by the directors of book fairs. This was announced by David Unger, General Secretary of the Conference of Directors of International Book Fairs.
«The Conference of International Book Fair Directors strongly condemns the Russian invasion of Ukraine. As the creators of platforms where publishers, writers, agents, translators, and illustrators can interact and engage openly and where free expression and critical voices are cherished, we categorically deplore the Russian regime’s use of force», – it is said in the published statement.
These are the signatories to that statement:
- Bologna Children’s Book Fair
- Frankfurter Buchmesse
- Leipziger Buchmesse
- Seoul International Book Fair
- Taipei International Book Exhibition
- Goteborg International Fair
- Bogotá International Book Fair
- Book World Prague
- The Book Fair in Warsaw
- International Book Festival Budapest
- Camara Brasileira do Livro
- Jerusalem International Book Forum
- Guadalajara International Book Fair
- Foire du Livres de Bruxelles
It is reported that cultural leaders demanded sanctions for Russia from their foreign colleagues in cultural spheres.
The Ukrainian Publishers Association also called on the International Publishers Association to support sanctions against Russia, as did representatives of the Ukrainian Institute and the Ukrainian Book Institute.
Source: Publishing prospects
This publication is sponsored by the Chytomo’s Patreon community
що більше читаєш – то ширші можливості