* ESC - закрити вікно пошуку
CRIMES OF RUSSIANS
In 2022, among all countries of the world, the most journalists were killed in Ukraine19.12.2022
In 2022, 67 journalists were killed in the world, 12 of them died in Ukraine. This is reported in a statement by the International Federation of Journalists (IFJ).
These data show a sharp increase in deaths among media workers: 47 murders were recorded last year.
Most media representatives among 21 countries were killed in Ukraine. The statistics were also influenced by the consequences of the terror of criminal organizations in Mexico and illegal actions in Haiti.
“The surge in the killings of journalists and other media workers is a grave cause of concern and yet another wake up call for governments across the globe to take action in the defence of journalism, one of the key pillars of democracy,” said IFJ General Secretary Anthony Bellanger. According to him, now is the time for the UN General Assembly to pass the IFJ Convention on the Safety and Independence of Journalists.
According to the IFJ list, journalists are the first to fall under political repression from China to Belarus and from Egypt to Hong Kong, Iran, Myanmar, Turkey and Russia.
“Journalists have been among the first victims of the crackdowns with at least 375 journalists and media workers currently behind bars, a new high since two years ago,” the IFJ said in a statement.
Among the dead are media workers:
- Ihor Hudenko, freelance photojournalist — 26.02.22
- Yevhenii Sakun, EFE correspondent — 01.03.22
- Pierre Zakrzewski, Fox News cameraman — 14.03.22
- Oleksandra Kuvshynova, Fox News fixer — 14.03.22
- Brent Renaud, freelance journalist and film producer — 13.03.22
- Oksana Baulina, Insider journalist — 23.03.22
- Maks Levin, freelance photojournalist — 01.04.22
- Mantas Kvedaravičius, freelance producer — 02.04.22
- Yevgeny Bal, veteran, journalist and NUJU Member — 02.04.22
- Roman Nezhyborets, Dytynets video editor — 06.04.22
- Zoreslav Zamoysky, freelance journalist — 06.04.22
- Frédéric Leclerc-Imhoff, BFMTV journalist — 30.05.22
As reported, during the nine months of the full-scale war, Russia committed 462 crimes against journalists.
This publication is sponsored by the Chytomo’s Patreon community
що більше читаєш – то ширші можливості